Friday, August 28, 2009

Dirty Dishes

I was washing one of my pots the other day by hand, unfortunately, because it isn't supposed to go into the dishwasher. It has so many spots where food just loves to stick and I have to scrub those same spots everytime I use this pot. It's quite annoying, actually, and I find myself complaining inwardly when the time comes to have to wash this pot. And as I was scrubbing it, the precious Lord began speaking to me and showed me that sometimes I have spots, blemishes that He scrubs away from my heart. And sometimes those same spots on my heart keep coming back...sometimes daily. My failures, pride, short-comings, and sins tend to creep into my life and my heart more frequently than I would like to acknowledge sometimes. I began to think how often the Lord has to keep re-washing me...keep removing those same sins in my life that I fall into tempation to. But He doesn't do it grudgingly or with complaining. He does it lovingly and tenderly, careful to wash every ounce of blemish away...with patience and kindness and most of all, forgiveness. As I stood there at the sink, I felt touched and greatful for the God I serve that He doesn't wash me with the same attitude that I was my dishes! How loving is our God and His forgiveness is incredible!
Thursday nights are one of my favorite nights because my husband and I have the priviledge of hosting a bible study. The person who led last night spoke on forgiveness and what a blessing it was! I was reminded of how great God's love is toward men that He would forgive us while we were yet in our sins. I have a verse to share: "For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to ALL who call upon You." Psalm 86:5
No matter who you are or what you have done or will yet do...God is ready and waiting for you to call upon Him so He can lavish His perfect love and forgiveness upon you...He cherishes you!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we can learn a lot when washing dishes by hand instead of by machine.
one way that we have gone away from G-d is our reliance on our knowledge and progress and our trust in these things. but when we get away from these things, slow down and just listen, it gives Jesus more of a chance to talk to us about who he is.