Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Love of God

I have recently been blessed that God, our Heavenly Father loves us. His love for us is everlasting. There is nothing in this earth that can even compare to the love that God has for us. I have grown to know that to be loved by God brings the greatest peace, hope, joy, and satisfaction we can ever know. There's no human relationship that could ever offer what God has given us through Jesus Christ our Lord. There is no end to His unsearchable love and He gives it freely to all who will receive it. I am encouraged by the words of Paul, "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have the power with all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of God and to know this love that surpasses all knowledge that we may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God," Ephesians 3:17-19. I pray that all those who are dissatisfied with what this world has offered them, all who are hurt and broken, all who feel they aren't loved by anyone, all who have no peace, all who have been told that they hold no value will know this love that God has for them...a love that surpasses knowledge. I pray that all those weary souls will have this revelation. I pray that you who do know the love of God will be changed continually by His love to love those around you. Be encouraged to share the love of God and speaking of His demonstration of His love toward man through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ. There is no greater love than Jesus laying down His life for men. And may we be changed to His image to love our neighbors as He has commanded us to. "I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself up for me." Galatians 2:20. And also, "...the love of Christ compels us..."2Corinthians 5:14. Be loved by God, love Him and love others. Its a love that will change the world...and it already has!

No comments: