Thursday, September 3, 2009

Consider His ways!!!

I have been thinking a lot about my own ways that I blogged about yesterday and spending some time in prayer about that when the Lord stirred my heart to consider His ways. I (we) do need to consider my ways and correct them through the power of the Holy Spirit and it is biblically a very important spiritual discipline, but introspection can also lead us down a selfish and dangerous path. We cannot linger too long on ourselves because we are not the focal point of our own lives. As I was sitting in the presence of the Lord, the word of God came to me from Hebrews 12:2, "Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith..."
As my heart was drawn to focus then on Jesus, I began considering His ways realizing that mine should be conformed to His. Let me leave you some passages that spoke to me of the ways of Christ. Consider His ways!

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." Matthew 5:44
"...the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." Matthew 20:28
"If I then, your Lord and teacher have washed your feet you ought to wash one another's feet..." John 13:14
"I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer..." Luke 22:15
"Jesus wept." John 11:35
"In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered." Hebrews 5:7-8
"...Who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth; and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously..." 1Peter 2:22-23
"...who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:6-8
" 'Yet not My will, but Yours be done." Luke 22:42

No comments: